Half term holidays are nearly here! Half term is traditionally one of the busiest weeks of the season with hundreds of families choosing to spend their well-earnt break on the snowy slopes of Grandvalira and Vallnord. There’s no need to stress, we’re here to tell you everything you need to know so that your holiday is memorable for all the right reasons.
Updated: January 2022
Step 1: Arrive!
Depending on where you’re travelling to and from, the journey to resort will take around four hours so make sure you’ve got plenty to keep the kids (and yourselves!) entertained – whether that’s reading a good book or watching a film on your tablet/phone. There isn’t a scheduled toilet break, but you can ask the driver for a toilet stop if required.
Not sure where the transfer meeting points are? Watch our series of videos to find out where the pick-up locations are at Barcelona and Toulouse airport.
Unsure what time transfer you should book? Read our handy guide to transfer questions.
Other than that, there’s not much you need to do – just simply sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
Collecting your lift passes and lesson tickets couldn’t be easier – simply download/save or print your Andorra Resorts voucher and take to the kiosks in the gondola station (Soldeu, El Tarter, Encamp or Canillo), or to the Lift Pass & Ski School building (Pas de la Casa). The kiosks are open from 8:30am and close promptly at 4pm.
For more details on collecting lift passes and lesson tickets in Grandvalira, read this blog.
Booked lunch with your lift pass? You can find out which restaurants you can redeem your lunch vouchers at here.
If you’re staying in Arinsal, take your vouchers to our office where our in-resort reps, Elizabeth or Steve, will exchange these for your lift passes and lesson tickets. Our office is conveniently located in the St Moritz building, 100 metres from the gondola (see map here), and we’re open every day from 8:30am to 10:30am and 6pm to 8pm.
February 2022: Saturday 12th & 19th, Sunday 13th & 20th, and Monday 14th & 21st – our Arinsal office will be open for lift pass & lessons collection with extended hours from 08:30-12:00 and from 15:00-20:00.
Step 3: Collect your equipment
Now it’s time to look the part and feel the part! Take your equipment voucher to the hire shop and the rentals team will get you kitted up and ready to hit the slopes.
Read our top tips for hiring equipment so you can prepare and keep the time spent collecting your equipment to a minimum.
Here’s all the key info you need about our hire shops:
Soldeu – Sports Calbo
- Location: downstairs in the gondola station (see map here).
- Opening times:
- Monday to Thursday: 8:30am-6pm
- Friday: 8:30am – 7pm
- Saturday: 8:30am – 7pm
- Sunday: 8:30am – 8pm
- Collect from: 3pm the day before your first day on the slopes.
El Tarter – Nordic Esports
- Location: at the base of the slopes in El Tarter, next to Hotel Nordic (see map here).
- Opening times:
- Monday: 8:30am – 6pm
- Tuesday to Thursday: 9am – 6pm
- Saturday: 8:30 – 6pm
- Sunday: 9am – 8pm.
- Collect from: 4pm the day before your first day on the slopes.
Pas de la Casa – Rentaski 1 or Rentaski 2
- Rentaski 1 is located on the left-hand side of the slopes by Frontera Blanca apartments.
- Rentaski 2 is located on the right-hand side of the slope by KSB and Pas 83 restaurants. (See map here).
- Opening times: 8:30am – 8pm every day.
- Collect from: 2pm the day before you hit the slopes (Sundays are from 4pm)
St Moritz (Arinsal)
- Location: There’s three St Moritz shops to choose from. The one in resort is just 100 metres from the gondola and in the same building as our office. There’s also a hire shop at the top of the gondola, or by the Ushuaia Hotel. (See map here.)
- Opening times:
- St Moritz in resort: 8:30am – 8pm every day (collect from 5pm the day before)
- St Moritz at the top of the gondola: 8:45am – 5:00pm every day (collect between 3pm and 4:15pm the day before).
- St Moritz by Crest Hotel – 8:45am –8pm every day (collect from 4pm the day before)
How much time should I allow to get to my lessons?
We recommend that you check in at ski school half an hour before your lessons are due to start, and make sure that you’re waiting at your meeting point 15 minutes before.
How do I check in for Ski School?
In a hurry? During half-term, the queue for the gondolas in Soldeu, El Tarter and Pas de la Casa can get pretty busy. If you’re an advanced beginner or intermediate skier/snowboarder, then you can take the TSD4 Soldeu chairlift or TSD4 El Tarter chairlift up to the mountain to avoid queuing.
In Pas de la Casa, you can take the TSD4 Pas de la Casa or TSD6 Font Negre chairlift to the top of the mountain and then ride into Ski School via the black Jordi Angles run and blue Flexta run, or you can walk up to Ski School via the road which runs parallel to the gondola line (takes around 5-10 minutes)
Vallnord – Arinsal
Collect your lesson ticket from our office in resort and take the gondola up to Ski School. The map below shows you where the meeting points are for each level.
- Private lessons meeting discs
- Bottom of the magic carpets – Intermediate adults ski (confident on blue runs, linking snowplough turns) and intermediate children ski (age 11 and under, confident on chairlifts)
- In front of the large piste map – meeting point for beginner children ski (age 11 and under), and complete beginners, or those not confident on chairlifts.
- To the right of the chairlift, against the fence – meet here if you’re a complete beginner adult skier (i.e. never put skis on before)
- Against the building, opposite beginners – meet here if you’re an advanced beginner adult skier (i.e. anything from 1 hour in the snowdome to 1 week on snow, not yet confident on blue runs)
- By the waste bin – all snowboarders.
Vallnord – Pal (La Massana)
Exchange your voucher for your lesson tickets at the ticket windows at the bottom of the gondola at the same time as you collect your lift passes. Then make your way up the gondola – the ski school is at the top by the nursery slopes. Group lessons are in the afternoons (starting at 12:00), and you should aim to be at the school office no later than 11:30 on your first day.
Step 5: Enjoy the slopes!
Enough said. The rest is over to you!
Looking for activities to keep all the family entertained off the slopes?
If you’re staying in Pas de la Casa then you can make use of the swimming pool, gym, kid’s soft play area (free), roof-top jacuzzi, saunas and steam rooms. Find out more here.
Still need to book your ski extras and/or transfers for your half-term ski holiday? It’s not too late!
Click on the links below to book now: