Andorra is a secret in the Pyrenees.
What happens during the summer is a question often asked by our winter clients – “everything” is my answer! There is something for everyone to enjoy. Keen hikers can enjoy some of the challenging hiking within the area of Arinsal, including the highest peak in Andorra which stands at 2942m in the heart of the Comapedrosa natural park. You could visit UNESCO World Heritage site Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valley less than 30 minutes away from Arinsal. There is a huge variety of walks from a leisurely strolls to the most challenging of treks with overnight stay in mountain huts.
Perhaps you’re looking for an adrenaline rush as you enjoy our scenic mountains; well, mountain biking is one of the most popular activities in the area. The Vallnord bike park is already open each weekend until 20th June when it opens full time for the summer season until 13th September. The Soldeu Bike Park is open from 27th June until 27th September.
The spirit of adventure thrives here, as our backyard contains world class trails for all levels. The world famous Vallnord Bike Park is hosting the UCI World Championships later this summer, and has recently been confirmed as the host for 2016, 2017 and 2018 as well!
You can keep it simple, and stick with the man-made riding, or roam around the staggering variety of natural trails. Of course, if you’re worried about getting lost or you just want some guidance you can hire a guide to help you. So why not come and give it a go?
If a quiet round of golf is more your thing then head to Europe’s highest golf course in Soldeu, set at an altitude of 2,250 metres, open this summer from 27th June until 27th September. You need to take the Soldeu gondola up to the course, so it’s breathtaking scenery whilst you enjoy your game.
Other Activities that you could do while exploring the amazing scenery include: via ferratas, white water rafting, 4 x 4 excursions, local markets, tax free shopping, or the mountain spa. Bringing children with you? How about Naturlandia – home to the longest alpine toboggan at a length of 5.3km, and also home to the first bear cubs born in Andorra. There is also a ropes course, zip wire, trampolines, baby park and so much more.
Arinsal Accommodation Offer
We’ve organised a special offer at the Ski, Bike & Hike Apartments (formerly Apartments Caprici) in the centre of Arinsal. The accommodation consists of fully fitted apartments with everything you could possibly require on a summer holiday, catering to a maximum of 4 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children. Apartments include: One bedroom with one double or twin beds, sofa bed(s), a fully fitted kitchen, bathroom and shower, and TV with some channels in English. There are plenty of extras too, including a free bottle of champagne or fruit bowl on arrival. Other benefits include free Wi-Fi, on-site parking, a laundry service, a breakfast delivery service, Pack lunches, organised packages if required and so much more.
Summer 2015 prices are from €450 per week based on two sharing – quote “Andorra Resorts 5” to get 5% off this price (excluding 22/08 – 06/09). To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or enquiry via their Facebook page here >>
If you decide to stay in Soldeu for your summer holiday then take a look at Apartments Casa Nova – prices from €80-100 per night depending on dates, for a three bedroom apartment sleeping up to six adults. The apartments are fully furnished to a high standard, and are in a great location in the centre of the village. To book visit our apartments page here >>
Dates To Look Out For
We’ve put together a list of dates for events to look out for:
- 12-13-14 – Maxiavalanche, Vallnord Bike Park La Massana
- 20 – Vallnord Bike Park opens full time for the season
- 27 – Soldeu Bike Park & Golf Course opens for the season
- 25 to 28 – Andorra Ultra Trail, Vallnord Ordino
- 04 July to 01 August – Cirque du Soleil, Andorra la Vella
- 04 – Mon(t) Magic Family park Canillo opens for the summer
- 04 – Karting El Tarter opens for the summer
- 12 – Multisegur La Volta (cycling race), La Massana & Ordino
- 26 – Skyrace (trail running), Comapedrosa Arinsal
- 01-02 – Moto Trial of Arinsal, Arinsal
- 23 to 27 – UCI Veterans Mountain Bike World Championships, Vallnord Bike Park La Massana
- 01 to 06 – UCI Mountain Bike World Championships, Vallnord Bike Park La Massana
- 02 – La Vuelta (cycling race) visits Andorra, Encamp
- 12-13 – Maxiavalanche Enduro, Vallnord Bike Park La Massana
- 13 – Mon(t) Magic Family park Canillo closes for the end of season
- 13 – Karting El Tarter closes for the end of season
- 13 – Vallnord Bike Park closes for the end of season
- 27 – Soldeu Bike Park & Golf Course closes for the end of season