Despite the late snow in the middle of May, the resorts of Andorra are gearing up for the summer season, and already the first mountain bikers have been hitting the trails in advance of the main opening in June. We thought it’s the perfect time to give you a rundown of some of the fantastic summer activities in Andorra you can try this year.
Of course there is walking and mountain biking, but there is so much more on offer as you’ll find out below.
The main summer season in Vallnord runs from 15th June to 9th September 2018, although it is open for mountain biking for the weekends until then. The activity centre of Pal is where most of the activities take place, and include the following, although these are just the highlights with lots of other things to try too:
- Adventure Rope Park – fun for all the family high in the trees of Pal, you’ll be climbing rope ladders, crossing Tibetan and balancing bridges, and whizzing down zip line.
- The Big Zip – Descend from six metres high along a 300 metres zip-line.
- Kids Zip – If the big one is a little daunting then this is a gentle introduction, take a chair lift to the top and enjoy a 160 metres zip back down.
- Downhill Karts – chairlift up, kart down. Simple!
- 4×4 Buggy – An exciting way to explore the mountains with a guided excursion in a 760cc electronic injection buggy (18 years+).
- Karting – super speedy electric karts, racing around the circuit of Pal.
With so many activities to choose from, it makes sense to get a pass to enjoy a variety.
- Baby Pass (3-7 years) – this gets your little ones full access to the Pekepark, Jump (trampolines), the little train, the small electric karts, junior zip line, and one circuit of the Adventure Rope Park.
- Peke Pass (8-11 years) – for the older children, this includes Pekepark, Jump, junior zip line, archery, downhill karting, Adventure Rope Park and more.
- Junior Pass (12-15 years) – designed for teenagers to try their hand at lots of the activities, this includes Jump, the junior zip line, one-hour mountain bike rental, downhill karts, archery, plus other activities.
In Grandvalira you have two main summer destinations, the Family Park Canillo and Golf Soldeu:
- Family Park Canillo (Mon(t) Màgic) – open from 23rd June to 16th September 2018.
- Golf Soldeu – open from 30th June to 30th September 2018.
The Mon(t) Màgic Family Park has been designed to entertain the whole family with relaxing and adrenaline activities, as well as those to enjoy the amazing nature of Andorra. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Zip Line – the longest zip line in the Pyrenees reaching up to 80km/hr at a height of up to 40 metres in the air!
- Fornatura Circuit – a fantastic way to enjoy the nature and wildlife of Andorra. You can choose to explore on your own, or with a guide to tell you all about the area.
- Play Area – especially for the younger visitors, this includes bouncy castles, a ball pool, slides, giant board games, hanging bridges and more.
- Pedalos & Canoes – take to Lake Forn to have an oar-some time.
- Mini Golf – a chance to learn the basics of golf, for those aspiring to play a round at Golf Soldeu.
- Tubing – take a slide down the specially prepared slope on inflatable rubber rings.
- Pony Rides – a favourite with children, take a ride along the El Forn area of Canillo.
If golf is your game then you definitely want to check Europe’s highest golf course off your to-do list! Situated at an impressive altitude of 2,250 metres, the course was designed by British architect Jeremy Pern who, according to the Peugeot Golf Guide, is one of the finest in the world.
The 9-hole, 33-par course is accessed by the Soldeu gondola, and occupies an area of 16 hectares with a total length of 2,590 metres.